Brig. Raghunath Jatar, the husband of the late Neelakshi Jatar (nee Bal), has brought out a booklet filled with poignant memories of his late wife Neelakshi, who passed away from cancer over a year ago. Family and friends have contributed with their own thoughts and memories.
Neelakshi Jatar’s life is encapsulated here in this book. She was a teacher, writer and Continue reading “Neelakshi Jatar – Reflections and a Eulogy”
The following tribute was written by Colonel Narinder Bhatia (Retd), who as Ranjit Jatar (the son of Brig. R.V. Jatar) says “wrote this very moving piece on my parents, parts of which I read out at the 85th birthday celebrations“. Continue reading “A Tribute To Brig RV Jatar and Neelakshi Jatar”
This is a photograph of some Jatars, and others who had a female Jatar ancestor. This photograph was taken on the seventy-fifth birthday celebrations. These men are more or less the same age although some are cousins, and others children of cousins. You can check out if you see any resemblance between them!
All of the woman in this photograph are the spouses, and not of Jatar ancestry.
The people standing from left to right are Chandu Jatar, Maj Gen. SCN (Sudhir) Jatar, Bal Borgaokar, Ashok Bhajekar, Brig. Raghunath Jatar and Jayanta Jatar.
The women sitting are Sarla Jatar (nee Purandare), wife of Sudhir Jatar, Manda Borgaokar (nee Purandare), wife of Bal Borgaokar, Sunila Bhajekar (nee Ganorkar) and Nilakshi Jatar (nee Bal), wife of Raghunath Jatar.
1) Chandu Jatar is the son of Babukaka who was the son of Bapurao Jatar, who was the eldest son of Shriram Jatar. Chandu is the same age as Sudhir, because of the age difference between the two brothers – Bapurao and Bhausaheb.
2) Maj. Gen. SCN Jatar is the son of Lt. Col. Sir Nilkanth Shriram Jatar, who was the younger brother of Bapurao.
3) Bal Borgaokar’s mother was a Jatar and her name was Kumudini Jatar, and she was the daughter of Balasaheb (brother to Bapurao and Bhausaheb), son of Shriram Jatar. Kumudini’s husband was Shankarao Borgaokar.
4) Ashok Bhajekar is the son of Indirabai Bhajekar, who was the eldest child of Lt. Col. Sir Nilkanth Shriram Jatar
5) Brig. Raghunath Jatar is the son of Abbasaheb, who was also known as Vishnu Shriram Jatar, another one of Shriram’s sons, and brother to Bapurao, and Bhausaheb.
6) Jayanta (Dattatrya) Jatar, is the son of Appasaheb, who was the son of Bapurao. Due to the fact that Bapurao was many years older than Bhausaheb, Jayanta is the same age as Sudhir. He is married to Sheila Pandit, but she is not in the photograph.
(Photo provided by Sudhir Jatar and written by Nita Jatar Kulkarni)